Policies and Disclosures last updated April 1, 2020.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.radiotelelafwa.com/
This web site is owned and operated by Radio Tele Lafwa, Inc. (RTL), a public charity based in the United States.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This policy also applies to information we collect:
- when you contact us by mail, telephone, e-mail, text or other electronic means.
- through our mobile applications (the “Application”).
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- when you support us through donations.
- when you otherwise access our products, programs and services or communicate with us.
Are Children Allowed to Use our Site?
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may use the Website and Application only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Application. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 on our Website and Application. If you are under 18, do not use or register, make any purchases, or use any of the interactive or public comment features on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 on our Website or Application without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Information Do We Collect About You and How Do We Collect It?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Application, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you such as behavioral tracking information;
- About your usage on our Website, including shopping cart details; and/or
- Aggregate information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From our partners, affiliates and third parties.
What Information Do You Provide to Us through our Website?
The information we collect on or through our Website and Application may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website and Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our Website or Application, registering to participate in our volunteer program and/or activity, requesting any of our subscriptions, posting material, and making a financial transaction, and may include when you enter a contest or report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us, including email addresses.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order on our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website or Application.
- Information you provide to be posted on public areas of the Website or Application or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application (collectively “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted at your own risk.
What Information Do We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies?
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Application, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique device ID, its IP address, operating system, and internet browser, and information the way you use the Application.
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Application.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
What Information Do We Collect Offline?
When you contact us by mail, telephone, or other means to support us through donations, access our products, programs, or services, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect:
- information by which you may be contacted, including mailing address, email address and telephone number;
- the financial information provided in connection with your donations and purchases; and
- details of your donations and purchase transactions and other records of your involvement with us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to carry forward and manage our Ministry activities;
- to contact you via mail, telephone, email or text or other available communication channels for the purpose of processing, facilitating or confirming your donations and purchases, to inform you about our mission, our activities, products, and services and provide you with further opportunities to support and partner with us;
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and notices about your account;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent.
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, and other ministry email and mail outreach.
- we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ ministry related goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements;
RTL respects and protects the privacy of our online visitors. members and donors. RTL does not disclose, give, sell or transfer to third parties any personal information about our visitors without their permission unless required by law.
If you donate to or place an order with RTL, some of your personal information is required for us to process your payment, and ship the order to you. We collect your name, address(es), phone number, email address, and payment information. This information is used to fulfill your order and communicate with you about your order or donation. RTL may telephone, send postal mail, or email you about the order and transaction.
In order to detect fraud or security issues, the information you provide, and other information such as information automatically collected from website visitors may be analyzed by the devices we use in our infrastructure to detect fraud or security issues.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Usage of any images on this website is restricted to Radio Tele Lafwa and approved news websites. Any other usage, particularly for professional purposes, must have written permission. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use royalty free images from Photo Companies and also softwares to create photo collages, etc. For information purposes we us images from Canva and Pixabay.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
RTL uses certain third-party services to measure the usability and interest in our site, our applications, and content. RTL uses the information from these services to determine whether our website services are delivered correctly and timely to visitors. These services also help RTL to determine the interests of our audience and segments of our audience. These services provide information to us about you and your use of our websites and applications.
Who we share your data with
The websites and applications have places where you may choose to provide us with your personal information. These include signing up for our email newsletters, making a donation, or using comments and message boards. If you share your email and name with us in order to receive emails from us, we may use a service to manage the email on our behalf, but we will not give your personal information to others for them to email you. If you contact us, we collect the information and contact details you provide to us.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
As a general rule, all information about our supporter and others who access our programs, products, and services is held by us in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances, is not revealed to anyone else unless expressly or implicitly authorized by such individuals.
Electronic records are maintained in the United States by Radio Tele Lafwa. The ministry user suppliers and service providers in the United States to perform services on its behalf. If you have questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates as described below;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our ministry.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it,
- for any other purpose with your consent or disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request,
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RTL Ministry, our customers or others, as permitted by law,
- as otherwise permitted by law.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What Choices Do You Have About How We Use and Disclose Your Information?
You do have choices about how we use and disclose your information. If you do not want your information used or shared in accordance with this notice:
- You can choose not to provide your information, even though it might be needed to make a donation, purchase or transaction, or to take advantage of some of our Website’s features.
- You may opt-out of all information collecting by the Application by easily uninstalling the Application.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us you can:
- Click the “unsubscribe” or “take me off your mailing list” link at the bottom of any of our emails.
- Sign in to your account and update your email subscriptions by navigating to the “My Account” page and selecting the “Email Subscriptions“ section on the Website; or
- Call Customer Service at 1-917-586-6551 and request to be removed from our email lists.
- If you do not want to receive mail and telephone contact from us, you can:
- Sign in to your account and update your mail preferences by navigating to the “My Account” page and selecting the “Account Information“ section on the Website; or
- Call Customer Service at 1-917-586-6551 and request to be removed from our mailing list.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To close your account, please make your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please note: we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How we protect your data
We have implemented measures to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls or cloud storage provided by a third-party hosting company. Any payment transactions will be encrypted during transition.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given or you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. And, we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like Pray Together, comments sections or message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Radio Tele Lafwa
18907 Jamaica Ave, Hollis, NY, 11423